We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Unstable tiles move to right

Newuser3477

Likes # 0

After a visit by grandchildren! the tiles on my start screen move automatically to the right hand side. If I navigate them back they immediate flick back, not giving enough time to click on an individual tile and open a programme. I have tried system restore to predate the visit. I have re installed avast anti virus and scanned without success. Also if I go to add remove progammes the list shoots to the bottom and cant be held in the alphabetical position. What has happened what can I do to resolve problem

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Just spent 3hrs trawling the interweb to solve a similar problem . First I would recommend dumping avast , it seems Av programs can cause all sorts of problems with live tiles . Also check see if the tiles behave the same for a different user , if not try changing yours to a local account .

Like this post
Newuser3477

Likes # 0

By chance problem solved. I stopped using my mouse and the error has gone away. A new mouse solved the problem. Thanks

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Thanks for the info , I will watch out for that . Seems that this 8.1 update is somewhat unstable ! There are countless forums reporting all kinds of problems , most seem to be linked to incomparable software

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia