We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How Do I Remove Bundled Software Uninstaller

redbarron

Likes # 0

Windows 7 64-bit

I cannot uninstall 'Bundled Software Uninstaller' in control panel. Each time I try to uninstall it a pop up says 'There's an internet connection problem please try again later'.

I do not have an internet connection problem.

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of this. I have tried Sophos virus removal tool which did find a couple of viruses but didn't fix the problem.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

AdwCleaner should remove it

Like this post
redbarron

Likes # 0

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\

But I managed to sort it using CCleaner in the end.

Like this post
deva45

Likes # 0

@redbarron Can U please tell me how to uninstall bundled software uninstaller using ccleaner

Like this post
redbarron

Likes # 0

deva45

In the end I fixed the problem by resetting my browser.

Go to you browser, select tools / internet options / advance tab. Click on the reset buttons. This basically reinstalls your browser, which in my case was internet explorer 10. That fixed the malware problem for me.

Hope this helps

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Further info click here

Be alert and careful that you UNtick/DEselect 'extras', toolbars etc. that want to install when you download free programs.

Like this post
redbarron

Likes # 0

You could always try a system restore to an earlier time when things were running right.

I found I had to turn my anti virus software temporarily off for system restore to work.

It might also be worth running a full anti virus scan as well afterwards.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers