We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Visible columns in Windows Explorer

tallboy

Likes # 0

I've just been updating some applications to later versions and now I have a minor irritation. Each time I close down a window listing file name, type, size date etc. the space given over on the right of the window (i.e. the preview area) maximises itself so that next time I open it, only the file names are shown. The columns are still there - they are just covered up with the preview window.

How do I make Windows remember the size of the preview window when I close down the overall window so that next time I open a window, the amount of space given over to preview, is what I have selected?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

MS Answers See reply on 18 April 2013. Surprisingly it works!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good