We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help pc wizards con

hubdean

Likes # 0

hi yes like a fool i got coned by pc wizards. They rang up to say my computer was reporting error. Thinking there was something wrong like a fool i let them take over my computer. Any way it ended up costing me £29 for a trial 1 month. looking them up on the net i found they are scamers. Shit. so when they came to get the £29 from my bank there was nothing in for them to take. they have my bank card details which im changing before theres any money in my account. also reformated my computer to get rid of any software they put on. as i gave them my details can you tell me if they can make me pay. My wife is getting phone calls from funny tel numbers while im at work asking for me. we know its from pc wizard. its makeing me feel ill and thinking of going to the police . i know how silly i been. help please. mick Please warn everyone if they get a phone call saying windows is repoting ERROR. just hang up.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Don't just leave it because you don't have any money in your account contact your bank and cancel the payments. If you do not have the funds you may be charged by the bank and end up paying more.

Like this post
hubdean

Likes # 0

thank you for your reply The payment was to be taken out last monday. but nothing was taken out. the money was there. thank you but no money there now made sure of that thanks

Like this post
hubdean

Likes # 0

To everyone who reads this. please tell your friends and everyone who is using a computer. That if they get a phone call saying windows is reporting error to hang up. even put it on the bottom of your emails. hope this helps someone,not to be conned. mick

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

You can turn of remote connection on your computer which may stop anyone from getting access to it again.Maybe do the reverse of this.

Remote Access

Like this post
hubdean

Likes # 0

Thanks for that mick

Like this post
hubdean

Likes # 0

hi all i think what im asking is. now i know its a scam and have not paid them.(no money in account) Made sure my account is safe. and changed the card details i gave them can just tell them where to go? or do i need to do more mick

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Cancel the card stops anymoney coming out,request a new card which ive had to do once before

Like this post
hubdean

Likes # 0

Hi mart7 Thanks for that i feel sick because of this. i did think it was ok at the time thats why i said yes, but when i found out it was a scam i stoped the payment. thank you for your reply i feel like im the bad guy?. Mick

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You are not the bad guy. You are the victim of a con. Hope you have stopped your Cards and told your Bank what happened and cancelled any payment.

Happens numerous times a day - Banks are used to dealing with these sort of conning thieving scammers and will ensure no payment can be claimed by them from your old or new Account. You should be able to ring your Banks Fraud Dept. to do the necessary.

Like this post
hubdean

Likes # 0

Hi thanks for all the advice Taking note of it all

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014