We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

browsers

Norma123

Likes # 0

I am using firefox 22.00 it says norton toolbar is incompatible with it. The newer versions seem to allow the toolbar but you can no longer block images. I want a browser that allows norton toolbar and blocks images can you help.

thanks Norma

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"I want a browser that allows norton toolbar and blocks images can you help."

The Firefox add-on "Image Block" should do what you want. You can get it from here. After installing it and restarting Firefox a new button will appear top right - see here. Clicking on it toggles the loading of images on or off. I've just tried it and it appears to work well.

Like this post
Norma123

Likes # 0

Thanks for that

Norma

Like this post
NortonSupport

Likes # 0

Hello Norma,

Sorry for the trouble. I am Vineeth and I am from the Norton Support team. The Norton Toolbar in the latest version of Norton products is not compatible with Firefox 22. Can you please let me know the version of your Norton product. To find the version number, open your Norton product, and then click Support > About.

Thanks!

Vineeth Norton Support

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

"I am Vineeth and I am from the Norton Support team."

I doubt it, more likely spammer.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Not sure about that bumkin.

Norton Support

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

He posts as a volunteer on the Norton Community Forum, so seems a bit misleading to describe himself as "from the Norton Support team" as if he were an official employee representing Norton (when he is not).

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

lotvic

Vineeth does indeed represent Norton.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Thanks for that FE, it removes any doubts :)

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Apologies to Vineeth in that case:-)

Like this post
NortonSupport

Likes # 0

Hello all,

I am a Symantec employee and I am part of the Norton support team. lotvix is right, I also contribute on the Norton forums as a volunteer. If you have any queries with your Norton products, please let me know. I'd be glad to help!

Thanks!

Vineeth

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen