We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

KeePass Password Safe - Alternative

RegScriv

Likes # 0

The latest versions of KeePass password safe won't read the version I have which is 1.14. Can anyone recommend an alternative futureproof digital password safe.

Like this post
jaywoo

Likes # 0

v1 is up to 1.26. The 2.+ version uses a different database format and needs .NET framework. Just stick with the v1.xx editions. Get Keepass 1.26 here; link

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

Yup, I've been on the v1.xx format for several years, across Windows and Android platforms, and it's remarkably stable and lightweight. The developers have stated that they will continue to support the v1.xx 'fork' for "a long time" so IMHO, if you're happy with what v1.xx gives you, why upgrade?

BTW Keeping the database in a Dropbox folder (or similar) means that you always have access to a single master copy, across your devices, without having to worry about synchronisation issues...very handy!

Like this post
RegScriv

Likes # 0

That's really interesting & thanks for that info. I downloaded v2.24 & found difficulty in backing up the master copy. I'll revert to v1 now thanks to your help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Widespread 2011 MacBook Pro failures continue: Petition for fix surpasses 10,000 signatures