We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

U3 Launchpad on Sandisk USB stick problem

archie330

Likes # 0

I have been using my Sandisk Cruzer16GB usb stick successfully for a long time on my Windows 7 pc. Now however when I loaded it in my pc I got this message :- " An error has occured while starting the U3 Launchpad due to a problem with one of its components. Remove and reinsert your U3 smart drive. If the problem persists contact the U3 smart drive manufacturers."

I retried it several times with the same result.

I have very important files on it so any help to regain access would be greatly appreciated.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

see here Issues with older versions

Either remove the U3 launchpad completely or update the U3 launchpad software

Like this post
archie330

Likes # 0

Thank you very much for your prompt reply Fruit Bat. Am I correct in thinking that I cannot remove the U3 launchpad as it contains the password box that gives access to the files? Or is there any other way to access the files other than with the password?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

If you have encrypted files on the drive then a software upgate may be the way to go.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September