We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

AP with Guest Networks how to extend

mylesm

Likes # 0

Hi

I have a netgear WNDR3700 v4 as my internet router this has 4 ssids active one 2.4 normal network with full access and one 2.4 Guest network which is restricted to internet only no access to internal lan this is repeated for 5ghz band ie normal and guest making 4 ssids in total

I want to extend these networks as reception is patchy upstairs I would like to keep the same isolation of guest networks I can put another dual band ap upstairs and connect it to a lan port on the netgear this could then have 4 ssids for upstairs but how can i isolate it from my internal lan as it will be connected to a lan port on my router or can anyone please advise how to achieve this

thanks mylesm

Like this post
mylesm

Likes # 0

anyone any advise please

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED