We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

problems with pinnacle 14 hd

nburgess

Likes # 0

I bought the Pinnacle 14 HD programme a while back and have now bought a Blu-ray writer. I have followed all pinnacle instructions and am picking the disc type AVCHD as advised and the programme recognises my BD-R 25 GB in the current media box however in the dropdown box marked Target Media there are no options at all for any BD (blue ray discs) do you have any idea why ?

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

AVCHD is for DVDs.

Select Blue-ray Disc as Disc Type

Like this post
nburgess

Likes # 0

Unfortunately there is no noption to choose Blue Ray disc

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

I've been having a re-think about this, As I have Pinnacle Studio 14 HD Ultimate and I can select Blu-ray Disc as Disc Type.

Is your version the Standard Pinnacle Studio 14 HD NOT Ultimate or Ultimate Collection.

If yours is the standard Pinnacle Studio 14 HD, That's the problem, Only the Ultimate & Ultimate Collection can Burn Blu-ray.

From this Click here "So you will be able to capture from HDV camcorders and import AVCHD plus Blu-ray. However, while you can output to AVCHD and HDV, you can't burn directly to Blu-ray discs. For this you need either the Ultimate or Ultimate Collection versions."

and in this Click here "There are three versions of Pinnacle Studio 14. I tested the $99.99 (direct) Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate, which sits in the middle of the line. The $49.99 Studio HD drops the Dolby Digital 5.1 encoding, Blu-ray authoring, and some effects. The top-of-the-line, $129.99 Studio Ultimate Collection adds a green screen backdrop and four extra Red Giant Software effects plug-ins."

Sorry it's took so long to find out why you can't burn directly to Blu-ray discs.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia