We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

new and confused

confusedmum1138

Likes # 0

Hi, I've just joined to your forum as I'm really confused, thank you for taking the time to read my post its really appreciated. Oldest son has started high school this year and has been given some homework which can be done as a power point(confused) or handwritten if not got computers etc. We have got a laptop which is coming up for about 3 years old so my questions are do I get the power point thingy for £100 and put it on our laptop and get a cheaply printer so he can do homework like that, or someone says get a tablet and I can air print the homework to a printer( no idea what they mean), or do I get a new laptop.....thing is my oldest isn't that fussed for any really its me thinking this as I want him be able to do his homework on computer so he doesn't look like he behind with the times at school with his friends, I know this sounds silly but high school seems a bit nasty and don't want draw attention to him by not having the right gadgets for school/homework......so sorry for waffling but just mega confused,thank youuuuuuu.xx

Like this post
confusedmum1138

Likes # 0

Aaaaa thank you for your help and support. I been to his school and also just been watching a video of it on you tube too, son says PowerPoint is good if your doing a show, but if your doing it on paper format then he says there's no point in using it so may as well just do it on word instead......so even more confused now lol xxx

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Word usually comes with Power Point anyway

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

On that basis. The Laptop is OK. Just need a Student licence for Microsoft Office, Home & Student Edition. His School should know about the latest good deals

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback