We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Converting MP4 video to AVI

firegamp

Likes # 0

I used get iPlayer to download three TV programmes in the Transatlantic Sessions series. They all played beautifully on my Windows 7 Pro PC, but when I made copies on DVD, my Toshiba player would not accept them. I think this is because they are MP4 videos. I assume they need converting to AVI format. But how do I do this, please? Is there a free (and SIMPLE-TO-USE!!) programme that will do the job? I really want to keep these super 30 minute shows to play when I want to, from the comfort of an armchair -- no room for one of those in my PC corner.... And yes, I DID miss the original TV shows AND the catchups..... Get iPlayer is a brilliant free app, incidentally, though it's quite a steep learning curve at first.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

firegamp, I got 2 of the Transatlantic Sessions last night, Your best bet for compatibility with your Toshiba player (mine will only play Film type DVDs, It hates Video Files, even though it says it will) would be to Burn them as a Film type DVD.

I have tried a few programs this morning, The best and Cheapest (It's Free) is this WinX DVD Author, Instructions are on the same Page under the User Guide Tab.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow