We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook 2010 search not working

Nickelback1

Likes # 0

My Outlook 2010 search has stopped working (32 bit version on a Windows 7 64 bit version). It just say's searching & then finds nothing every time even when I know the item I'm looking for is there & I can find it manually. I have tried various fixes recommended, like rebuilding the index etc, all to no avail ! Does anyone have a solution to this ?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

2 things to try:

MS Support and Sevenforums and look at njhal's 12 Sep 11 post.

Like this post
Nickelback1

Likes # 0

Hi Woolwell, Tried both of those solutions again just now but still doesn't work ? Any other ideas ?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You may have a corrupt profile. You may have to scan the OST file using scanpst.

Like this post
Nickelback1

Likes # 0

Already completed that yesterday with no effect

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post
Nickelback1

Likes # 0

When I get to this section - Scope is greyed out so I cannot use it ?

Outlook 2013 In Outlook 2013, follow these steps to check the search scope:1.In Outlook, click in the Search box. 2.Click the Search tab. 3.The Scope group shows the current scope. This can be any one of the following:

All Mail Items Current Folder All Subfolders All Outlook Items

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Have you used a filter on the search tools ribbon?

See this blog for details

Like this post
Nickelback1

Likes # 0

nope, no filter is on, & even using filters doesn't work ?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Sorry but I am still at 2007 and cannot help further. But is your email account an Microsoft exchange one?

Like this post
Nickelback1

Likes # 0

No it's not a Microsoft exchange account, but thanks for trying. This is proving difficult to resolve !

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite