We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Apple ID iTunes iPad Problem

shellship

Likes # 0

I have an iPad but when I changed my email address I stupidly tried to change my Apple ID from my old email address. I can no longer update apps, get into the iTunes store, access the Cloud. Always wrong password and/or Apple ID. Changed password lots of times. Local Apple Store suggested I tried iTunes Support by email. Been at that for nearly two weeks without success. I know this is mainly a PC forum but do you think that if I was to uninstall iTunes from both my iPad and my PC and then reinstall the problem would have been solved? I have just acquired an iMac but don't want to get it going unless I can be sure it won't have the same problem through, possibly, talking to the great Apple server in the sky somewhere.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You need to know exactly what your Apple ID is. See Apple support. I doubt that uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes will solve your snag. I guess that it still remembers your old email address.

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

Woolwell Thanks for replying. I know my Apple ID and I know my original password but I have reset the latter lots of times. Perhaps I will try Apple support.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Use the link to confirm your Apple ID and password.

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

Woolwell

After many exchanges with iTunes support it is now nearly sorted. Very helpful lot but it took time. As of today, though, everything fine with iTunes on my PC but cannot now access from my iPad despite lots of syncing. Back to Support and my prayer mat!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...