We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I set up Intel WiDi Samsung RV520-07 uk Laptop?

OLDJACK

Likes # 0

I've updated all the drivers relating to Intel including the N130 adapter and the HD3000 video. When I try to install the WiDi from Intel I get an error " incorrect platform" Any ideas? What else do you need to know?

Windows 7 pro 64 Intel proset wireless installed on N130

Like this post
OLDJACK

Likes # 0

Adding to my above question. I've updated all the intel drivers BUT it all comes to a halt because of a later update to the wireless adapter 130N when I find I can't update from driver 15.9.0.5 to 16.1.1 because I can't uninstall the old driver. There seems to be a number of people with this problem and Intel are non too helpful.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Jack, Intel WiDi requires a compatible motherboard and Intel CPU. Not all laptops meet those requirements. Did the specifications for your Samsung say it's WiDi equipped?

Like this post
OLDJACK

Likes # 0

Thank you Squirrel.I know that the cpu and the N130 adapter are compatible.The USA version of the Rv520 was WiDi enabled but for some reason the UK version wasn't. I'm seeking answers from Samsung to see if it is possible. There seems to be a few problems with Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi updating I can update to 15.2 level but beyond that it doesn't seem to accept that the previous version has been uninstalled so won't update to 15.6...15.8...or the latest 16.1. here seems to be lots of posts with this problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room