We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Connecting a ZyXEM NBG6503 to a Home Hub 3

John B

Likes # 0

I have today spent five hours trying to get this router to work and have now emailed support at ZyXEL.

This router does not have a built-in modem and requires connection to the internet via a separate modem. I wanted to use this router to replace the 'patchy' and rather intermittent wireless connection on my BT Home Hub 3 (HH3).

Instruction with regard to using the HH3 as a modem only are not easy to find, but armed with what I could find I set about switching off the wireless and DHCP on the HH3. I connected the ZyXEL as per instruction and was able to access the router via 192.168.1.1.

The software was unable to detect the HH3 settings and asked for data to be added manually. The various I.P. detail I had didn't work and after various attempts and resetting the ZyXEL I decided to switch the HH3 back to its default settings and had another go.

This time I managed to get both wifi channels working, but I could get no internet connection on the PC hard-wired to the ZyXEL. The router's software also said there was no connection to the HH3 modem (or indeed the internet).

So, the wireless works and my iMac is wirelessly connected to the internet via the ZyXEL 5GHz connection. The local computer will not connect?

If anyone could tell me how to connect this router to my HH3 I should be very grateful

Thanks in advance.

John

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launch live: Unpacked 2014 Episode 2 at IFA

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September