We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Finding out if Antivrus is compatible

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have just noticed that Bullguard is still running on my laptop.I thought it had been removed when the PC was cleaned recently.So I now have Bullguard Paid for version Emisoft Paid for version Malwarebytes Free Avast Free CCleaner Free I am presuming I will need to get rid of one of the paid for programs can someone suggest the best one to keep. I would also like to get both Superantispyware and Spywareblaster Would it be possible to have these two programs alongside one paid for program and Avast and Malwarebytes + CCleaner

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You cannot have more than ONE antivirus program running!!!!

If you are paying then keep Bulldog it is the better of the two you are paying for.

Malwarebytes Superantispy CCleaner and Spywareblaster ware are OK to run alongside your ONE ANTIVIRUS of your choice

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

"You cannot have more than ONE antivirus program running!!!!"

If you have more than one anti-virus program running they are liable to conflict with one another.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Keep Bullguard and uninstall ALL other anti virus progs. You can keep the malware ones

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Keep Bullguard and uninstall ALL other anti virus progs. You can keep the malware ones

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Sorry about the duplicate !

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Follow instructions when using the Avast removal tool

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Thanks for the advice so will get rid of Emioft and keep Bullguard long with Malwarebytes,Superantispyware,Spywareblaster and CCleaner.Do I need to get rid of Avast

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

As advised,one antivirus only

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Do I need to get rid of Avast Yes its an antivirus

you are paying for two others Bullguard and Emisoft.

Avast is probably the best of the Free Antivrus as far as XP is concerned as it uses very few resources.

If you do not want to pay for antivirus keep Avast and ditch Emisoft and Bullguard

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Do you need to get rid of Emisoft,No just stop the automatic scan and run it when you want it to run it is far better than Malwarebytes in my opinion.

You don't need 3 of them so you do not need Superantispyware.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen