We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer repeatedly stops working

MikeSA

Likes # 0

Why is when viewing pages including PC Advisor pages, I keep getting the following error message : "INTERNAL EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING. A PROBLEM CAUSED THE PROGRAM TO STOP WORKING CORRECTLY. WINDOWS WILL CLOSE THE PROGRAM AND NOTIFY YOU IF A SOLUTION IS AVAILABLE". I am running Windows 8.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Have you thought about removing Internet Explorer, and trying a new install?.

There could be a number of reasons for this happening, from compatibility issues, updates etc.

It might also pay to do a Google search, and see if other people have reported the same problems, and whether there is now a quick fix!.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

IE is the least reliable browser. I almost always use Chrome now because of IE crashes. You could try rolling back to a previous version to see if that's any better, or try it with add-ons turned off.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

IE is the least reliable browser for your good self possibly. I've been using IE since it was the 6 version and has always been the default one.

MikeSA check your add-ons and remove any strange ones then reset the browser. A reboot won't hurt.

Tools, internet options, advanced tab, reset.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...