We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

wireless internet for a whole city

m361855

Likes # 0

Hello, I need to build a wireless network internet for a city, with minimal antenna s used how to do that and what are the best antennas? thanks

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

I would have thought that if you had been appointed to do this job you would not have needed to ask this question. Either this is a wind up or whoever appointed you did not really investigate your competence before doing so.

Like this post
m361855

Likes # 0

Whatever the background of my question, I asked for help, so please if you have an answer post it or otherwise help another person..

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 1

If you were more upfront on this maybe someone might help but at the moment it looks more like you are wanting someone else to do a university project for you

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Please provide us with more information, specifically the city location, it's approximate population, and the area of coverage required.

We'll also need estimates of peak bandwidth requirements.

What you describe can be a complex operation, and we'll need more to go on before we can really be of help.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

FE.

It is precisely because such details were not forthcoming that I was suspicious. Anyone who is tasked with this project should have appreciated the complexity and given such details initially.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

alanrwood

Bear in mind the fact that in some countries the word 'city' is applied to quite small communities.

Like this post
m361855

Likes # 0

Yes sorry guys for my late reply, the area we want to cover is about 6 square kms, and 3000 expected users, and as alanrwood said it is a small community, thanks

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Where is this small community?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...