We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

CCTV Remote access, servers etc

Epirb406

Likes # 0

OK, so I am a man who needs some knowledge and you guys might just want to push me towards to good available reading so that I can ask the right questions when the time comes.

I have inherited three vivotek IP web cams (IP6127 s) After much sweating I have got them all working wirelessly and happily sitting on my local network.

I also have a Tenvis IP cam.

What I would like to do is get them all up and visible at the one time and then see them on the net both locally and remotely.

I would also like to get them set up using the server on my Freecom NAS so that they record there and I do not have to leave the PC on.

OK, so far, so confusing and my knowledge, sketchy!

The NAS has I believe both an SMB and an FTP server built in.

I have managed to get all four cameras visible locally on iSpy software but there is a reasonably hefty subscription to pay for looking at them remotely.

I have managed to get the Tenvis viewable remotely with their built in software.

I can get the three Vivotek cameras viewable locally with the Vivotek ST2043 software but not the Tenvis and not remotely.

I am well out of my depth and have got this far with trial and error, if anyone feels like throwing me a rope with this project (which ultimately is about looking for nocturnal creatures with the kids) I would be most grateful.

What do I need to know?

Thnaks in advance,

ALl the best,

Barney.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Take a look at this

Like this post
Epirb406

Likes # 0

Hi FE,

I have had a look and it maybe that it could be part of the solution, however, it did make a pretty good job of changing the homepage on all my browsers and generally interfering.

I think, if anyone had any come to mind, that I am looking for some more basic nuts and bolts than just more software, looking for knowlege on different set ups and technologies, prabably as well as some vocabulary.

happy to hear any guidance.

All the best

Like this post
Epirb406

Likes # 0

Hi FE,

I have had a look and it maybe that it could be part of the solution, however, it did make a pretty good job of changing the homepage on all my browsers and generally interfering.

I think, if anyone had any come to mind, that I am looking for some more basic nuts and bolts than just more software, looking for knowlege on different set ups and technologies, prabably as well as some vocabulary.

happy to hear any guidance.

All the best

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

EE brings 4G LTE to Cornwall and a total of 21 new towns

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites