We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

igHome set up

B.J.

Likes # 0

Hello Folks. Is anybody else setting up igHome as a replacement for igoogle? I've more or less finished it now and it looks almost just the same as igoogle...so I'm pleased. It can be very slow sometimes but they are telling us that they will crank it up a gear soon....they're snowed under right now with people changing to it. How can I get Google Map Search and my weather forecasts to it? I can get 'em on my new homepage in the small format but I can't expand 'em to use 'em. Any ideas please? Thanks....B.J.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Thank you for alerting me to igHome. As far as I can work out you can only enlarge the gadgets by grabbing the lower edge and dragging down or up.

Not sure what you man by my weather forecasts as I've added BBC weather and Weather radar. I'm having problems getting it to stick to the settings. Google Map gadget appears to end with iGoogle but the igHome menu bar includes Google Maps.

Like this post
B.J.

Likes # 0

Hello Woolwell. Thanks for that...I've put 8 gadgets on and I'm pleased with them and when I click on the header of the gadget it reloads and expands full page but when I have google maps as a gadget it wont go any bigger. I've found a good weather forecast gadget AccuWeather.com which I'll just have to get used to,it seems OK. Yes I'm able to access Gmaps off the bar but I don't like change....I want to keep my igoogle....it's perfect for our house. Anyway thanks again Woolwell. All the best with it. B.J.

Like this post
guildd50

Likes # 0

I hope I'm in the right location on the site.

I've been using igHome for about two months now and I'm sold! The setup was relatively simple for a mostly neophite of computer knowledge. But I've encountered one problem that's irritating.

I'm in a search for a new computer right now. When I search a topic on the first page in igHome and then click on the link all is well. But when I've studied two or more pages and then go to the offered link and then back to the primary search, the back button returns me to page one of the searches, not the third or fourth page I was using at the time. Hope this isn't confusing.

I wonder if I have something set on my laptop that is returning me to page one of the search every time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

guildd50

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK