We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with Ebay description of items not displaying

nameuser

Likes # 0

Have tried to resolve this with Ebay helpchat but still persists.

Where a n item description would normally appear I have a grey blank space with an icon and following text:

"unable to resolve server's DNS address"

Is there an easy way to get round this please?

Never had an issue like this before.

Thanks

Like this post
nameuser

Likes # 0

should have added, I have had firewall disabled and tried system restore to no effect!

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

It simply means that the data you want is on a different server to the other items on the page. Why I have no idea.

Try a different DNS Server. Google has two free ones that are very good at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Set them up in the IP configeration of your computer or router if using one.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

It simply means that the data you want is on a different server to the other items on the page. Why I have no idea.

Try a different DNS Server. Google has two free ones that are very good at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Set them up in the IP configeration of your computer or router if using one.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Sorry double reply . First one seemed to do nothing.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps nothing to do with this request, but I have noticed more recently with eBay, that adverts are being changed while on offer, especially on prices, which make the advert from the original advert description nonsense.

Whether this as anything to do with the recent improvements, maintenance and hacking on eBay website and further security procedures. I wouldn't really know!.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...