We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I WANT TO INSTALL A DVD COPYING PROGRAMME

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

After I had to do a complete system recovery on my Sony Vaio after the HORRIBLE sweetpacks virus infection, I know want to download a good programme to copy DVD's, files on CD's etc., which programme and which download site would you recommend, I got the Sweetpacks virus sht from trying to download a DVD copy programme in the past and I dont want to make a ba*s of it all again. thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You could look at the Majorgeeks website for a few ideas click here

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

or filehippo is another good download site

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Laptopdunce: While I am sure that your motives are honest, the primary motivation of those who will be copying DVDs is likely to be outside the Copyrighting Legislation.

This, of course, attracts those that write Software for the "No Questions Asked" Market, many of whom have ulterior motives.

So beware

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I use free program CDBurnerXP click here (also available from filehippo) despite it's name it does CDs and DVDs, including Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs. It also includes the feature to burn and create ISOs and works on Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista/2008/Win7/Win8 (x86 / x64)

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Thanks Lotvic, I will look into that one, LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
steviekm

Likes # 0

Hi,

There are plenty of freebies around but I don't really think that you could do much better than Ashampoo Burning Studio 2013 which is totally free; check out it's reviews-can be downloaded from: click here

or

click here prog and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Good luck,

Steve

Excellent

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Which model of Sony Vaio? I would be surprised if it didn't come with a DVD copying program.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote