We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Suddenly cant access a website but can access other websites

Saurind

Likes # 0

Hi, I have a problem with accessing one particular website from my laptop.

The error message says The connection has timed out The server at www.kotak.com is taking too long to respond. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the .

I am unable to access it from any browser- i have tried google chrome,firefox, safari and IE too

The website in question is www.kotak.com, I was able to access the website last week from my computer. i use an acer aspire 4740G laptop windows 7 and use wifi in normally to access the website.

the website works perfectly fine on other PCs/laptops in office. It also works on both my phone 3G and wifi as well on phone.

I have tried accessing the website on my home internet connection as well but i am still not able to access it on the laptop. At home i can access it thru my phone though.

So i think its largely an issue with my laptop but i am unable to figure it out. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

It's very slow.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

opens ok for me.

Close all your browsers, just have the desktop showing.

See if flushing your dns cache clears it click here

Start - All Programs - Click Accessories - RIGHT-click on Command Prompt - Select Run As Administrator - In the command window type the following and then hit enter: ipconfig /flushdns

That will clear out all the 'bad' entries.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone