We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HELP! wifi dysfunction for acer aspire 5750g

edengery

Likes # 0

hi everyone! soo, this is my first post, as i don't generally post in forums, but i'm super lost and i really don't know what more i can do..

So, i have an acer aspire 5750G and i'm in itally using a fastweb modem/router. Up until 3 days ago, the wifi worked perfectly for everything everywhere in the house, but the power for the modem was disconnected by accident, and ever since then there have been heaps of problems.

In my room of the house, all of a sudden, my computer and my gf's macbook jsut stopped receivng the wifi, but i've tried with another computer and my phone and they both receive wifi there. it's jsut mine and my gf's for some reason are able to connect to the modem and it's says that there is perfect connection, but when i try to browse the net, it doesn't work. the strangest thing of it all is that our laptops pick up wifi everywhere else in the house, and htey used to receive in my room too, but now they dont.

i've tried everything i can think of doing, i did a powercycle reset, i've uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter driver, i tried changing to google IP and then back to automatic but nothing works.. and i dont think it's the modem because another computer and my phone work in the room... i'm so lsot...

someone please help me, i'm really lost!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room