We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson SX415 printer not printing colours correctly

geek84

Likes # 0

Hi Folks

My colour printer is not printing the correct colours in an image. The printed images always seem to have a shade of blue on them, and no other colours show up. I've checked all the cartridges - cyan, megan, black, and Yellow and they all seem to be fine - near full. Would anybody know why this is happening and how I can solve the problems?

Thanks

Like this post
bit014

Likes # 0

BitBoxy Everything you need to know about Bitcoin BitBoxy.com is a global site with a unique concept of community and sharing. Our site is, like Bitcoin, in its infancy so please bear with us as we grow (twitter: @bitboxy). The winds of the economic world are changing and we are facing turbulent weather ahead as a currency, an economy and as a nation. Things will not look the same in 5 years and I firmly belive that digital currency is a new foundation. BitBoxy is just a start. This is your community so please feel free to contribute. I am excited to see how we grow together. Go To:>> click here

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

bit014 spam FE informed

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Are you using compatible cartridges and have you changed cartridges lately?

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Do a good clean of the jets and see if that sorts it out. It probably will.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Run the Epson Cleaning utility the do a Print Head check to see what colours are missing. Ink Most likely dried in Printer Jets, If you do not use the Printer much you may be looking at a new printer

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Hi Woodchip

Sevewral things can be tried before buying a new printer. I have tried a couple of jet cleaning solutions and they have worked well

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Epson are the worst to clean as they have a lot more finer jets than the likes of Cannon and HP

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Hi Woodchip I have had several Epson printers and the simplest way I found was to soak a piece of fluff free material or synthetic material with the head cleaner. I then lift the print head to the maximum thickness of paper which allows the print head to slide over the material when placed in position. Then drop the paper thickness to minimum and leave it for 24 hours. Occasionally a little more cleaning fluid can be dripped on the material just to maintain it being damp. Then do a head clean and it has worked for me every time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more