We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sound Drivers for Dell D620 installation Problem

Amicable1

Likes # 0

Dear Members

I am new to this site specially for posting something. I don’t know I should post this question in this section or not. However my question is regarding Laptop drivers. Specifications of my Laptop are:

Dell Latitude D620 Genuine Intel (R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83 GHz (Dual Core) 01 GB Ram 80 GB Hard Drive OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002, Service Pack 03, V.3244

Recently I have installed fresh copy of windows; almost all drivers have been installed successfully except sound which has given me very tough time so far. I have tried almost everything to install that but all in vain. If any member can help me out regarding this problem I will be really thankful.

P.S.: Sound card driver’s downloaded file (R171789) from Dell’s official site is not working either and quits during installation, though drivers shown installed in Add remove program but doesn’t work and no sound at all on the other hand PCI device is shown with a “?” sign in device manager.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Faheem.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not sure if this is the same driver version 5.10.0.5515 from here.

Like this post
Procrastinus

Likes # 0

Any help here? Dell Support Forum

Like this post
Amicable1

Likes # 0

Thanks a lot to both of you Rdave13 & 608 that you both tried to solve the problem.

But unfortunately its not settled yet.

Thanks.

Faheem

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Read this info and maybe try this customized version click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today