We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

"Certificate Errors"

Stoneywood

Likes # 0

I am getting frequent "Certificate Errors" Page Block/Warnings on reputable sites. ( eg.Ebay and Pc advisor) Microsoft help says that you cannot switch off this function in IE8. I am still using WinXP. Does anyone have a solution? DGB

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check the time and date on your PC.

Like this post
Stoneywood

Likes # 0

Why, is it the 1st April?

No Time/Date are OK.

DGB

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

That's sometimes the problem. Cerificates are invalid if date is wrong. Run you security software, only after updating, with full scans. You have a problem that isn't funny if you do internet buisiness.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
Stoneywood

Likes # 0

Tried upgrades last night. Might have worked! Will let you know. Thanks. DGB

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Any good?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I recently had a problem on a site using IE 10, but it was OK on Google Chrome. I read somewhere that IE 10 has some complicated requirements re the encryption of sites that have the "lock" symbol on the right of the address bit of the address bar. In my case the certificate was ok but IE 10 showed a problem. I found this by clicking on the lock symbol then "view certificate" , For some reason, Google has such a lock symbol.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Having same problem with a XP desktop that I do not use a lot today. Giving all kinds of weird dates like 2012 expired etc

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Sorry Just noted Time wrong on PC but do not know why as its not been switched off

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Just Reset it, Wonder if its an Internet Problem as my PC is set to keep time with Internet

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK