We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Paperport 14 - Canon MX895

Angry Kid
Resolved

Likes # 0

Evening everyone,

Please can someone help me.

I have Paperport installed on my pc. However, I cannot get Paperport to link up with my Canon MX895 MFD when looking for scanning devices while using the desktop screen in Paperport

I can scan documents using the MFD using the control panel on the MFD and this proves that it is connected to the pc. However, this is not opening up Paperport.

Therefore, has anyone similar problems or have been able to overcome these? If so, I look forward to hearing from you.

I am running Windows 8 Pro.

Thanks for reading and I hopefully look forward to finding a solution to my problem.

Angry ;-))

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have a read through this to see if anything to help you with your problem Paperport and Windows 8

Like this post  
woodchip

Likes # 0

Make sure you have the Latest Twunk Drivers for your Operating System. These should be got from Cannon Scanner Website

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Will this help? its for your Cannon Printer

click here

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Windows 8 Problem

click here

Like this post
Angry Kid

Likes # 0

Evening,

Apologies for the late response to your postings.... work has once again got in the way of pleasure on the pc!!

Thanks for your help but in particular the link from northumbria61>

I followed the instructions below and all works like a dream now.

I have version 14.0 (14.0.11477.100) and find it now works fine. I had the same problems mentioned above until I did the following procedure. I tried to post the procedure I used to get it working, but it seems to have been deleted. The procedure is:

1. Uninstall any version of paperport you now have using a third party software. Revo Uninstaller Pro works great for me and has a free version. This cleans out a lot of stuff the windows uninstaller leaves there which can prevent the scanner connector to work.

2. Install Paperport 14.0 (or 14.1 if you have it).

3. Check for updates by clicking on Help/Get Latest Updates. You should see two updates listed - Patch 1 and the scanner connection program. (Note: if you have other Nuance software installed such as OmniPage Pro and PDF Converter Pro, they install an updater which renders the Paperport 14 updater unusable. You have to use the other update which is generally located in the tray.)

4. Install Patch 1 then install the scanner connection program. I have attached the ScannerConnectTool as a zip.

5. Install Patch 2.

My scanner was connected after step 4 above. Good Luck.

ScannerConnectTool.zip (1.1MB)

Angry ;-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more