We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Copy Youtube videos to DVD

Grandad99

Likes # 0

I want to copy some Youtube music videos onto a DVD for a non computerised friend. Basic Realplayer downloads them but that's all. This is a one-off exercise and I don't want to pay for the upmarket Realplayer if there is a free or cheaper programme available.

Is there?

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

The Free version of YouTube Downloader will download and convert them to suitable formats for copying to DVD.

My wife uses it all the time to download and save clips of her favourite actors.

YouTube Downloader

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

Just a word of warning. I have just downloaded from BT's link and I ended up with Delta Toolbar (without being asked) which completely changed my browser settings (again without asking). When opening my browser WOT gave a severe warning on the new homepage.

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Try this it's good and easy to use also free.

click here

Like this post
Grandad99

Likes # 0

Thanks both.

BT, I've installed Youtube downloader but trying to open it get a message that I need to install.CNET "and contact your publisher to find which version"

As I can't open the program how do I contact the publisher? I've looked at the user forum but there is no Registration facility, only a Sign in which needs a password.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I use atube-catcher. A very good freeware. As always, with free software, you will have to untick boxes on installation, ie. Ask toolbar etc, so take your time going through the installation process. Last update I installed had WinZip driver update installed with it. Easy enough to uninstall via programs and features.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I've been using YTD as suggested by BT for over a year now, great little programme, can't say that I remember any problems with browser changing or with CNET but I downloaded direct from the YTD site and not from CNET. Grandad99 where did you download from?

Like this post
Grandad99

Likes # 0

I downloaded from the TYD site. Just realised that it's .NET Framework V4 that I need. Looking at the Microsoft downloads for this it seems to be for developing apps.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check via Windows update as it might give you the Framework updates needed.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Like most long term PC users I have all the .NET variants installed as along the way I have garnered various programmes that need them. They do get updated regularly by Microsoft and quite frankly they are a pain in the backside as they all seem to take ages to download and install. If you just want v4 then you can get it from here but be prepared for a wait while it downloads and installs and may even need an update to 4.5 afterwards.

However I still think that YTD is a cracking programme, I only use the free version and the download speed is still not bad.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

chub_tor

I wasn't saying anything against the software - just warning that the download brought unwanted software with it - i.e. Delta toolbar.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded