We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 update problem. NTLDR missing.

hssutton

Likes # 0

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, after an update last evening I suddenly get a problem. NTLDR IS Missing. Not sure if the update caused the problem, but my PC has been running OK for many months. It would seem from reports on the web that this is a problem normally associated with XP.

I tried a repair using my window 7 disk, but this did not solve the problem. After many restart attempts my PC is now up and running again, but I'm concerned That this will happen again. At the moments I have just my 'C' drive and external drive conected, although normally I do have two SSD drives installed which I use as scratch disks for Photoshop.

Any suggestion as to how to proceed if this happens again. Many thanks.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

hssutton

Found this via Google

NTLDR

PS cheeky question - can one buy CS6 update3 on disc and not on subscription? (I have CS5)The Adobe site is unhelpful. Hope you solve the issue you raised!

1]: [click here

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Another (MS) link:

MS NTLDR

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Thanks for the links John, I'd already been to your first link, but unsure if it sorts out the problem, will probably find out over the next few days. Your last post seems to be the way forward if the problem re-occurs.

CS6 as far as I know only has the one update this being to 13.0.1.2, I never bothered with this one as my version is quite stable. Other updates which include 'Smart Sharpen' and 'Camera shake reduction' are only available for the 'Cloud' version

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes