We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Headers and Footers in MS Word 2003 and the same in MS Word 2007

K*B

Likes # 0

I created a document in MS Word 2007 on a Vista PC. The document has Headers and Footers and it prints very well on an HP LaserJet CP1215 printer. I then copied it onto a flash drive and printed it on a WinXP PC running Word 2003 and printing to an HP LaserLet 1320 printer. When I did, the formatting was not exactly the same. For example, the footer was much higher on the page than I would expect and all atempts to adjust it further down the page failed. How do I adjust the Word 2007 document footer in a Word 2003 version?

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

K*B,

Are you saving your document as .DOCX? If so you could try saving it as .DOC and see if that makes any difference. (Or vice versa, .DOCX in place of .DOC)

Peter.

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

K*B,

Are you saving your document as .DOCX? If so you could try saving it as .DOC and see if that makes any difference. (Or vice versa, .DOCX in place of .DOC)

Peter.

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

K*B,

Peter.

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

I don't know what happened there, I only posted the reply once!

Peter.

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

I agree with Peter's suggestion but it also occurred to me that the margins might be set differently in each case so maybe worth checking what the default is on both versions/machines

I'd certainly be interested as to what you find is the reason

Cheers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...