We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Does Win XP support WordPerfect Office 2002?

K*B

Likes # 0

Friends, I have some very important files which were created using WordPerfect Office 2002 many years ago. WordPerfect Office 2002 had been installed on a Win98 PC and it had been in use to create documents in an office until recently. Now all these very critical WordPerfect files have been migrated onto a WinXP Home PC running MS Word. To enable the WordPerfect files to open, I tried to install the WordPerfect Office 2002 application which had been installed on the Win98 PC on the WinXP Home PC, but it failed/refused to install. What I need to do is find a WordPerfect Office application which is supported by WinXP and is also backward-compatible. Can any one help? If not, does anyone know any application that can covert the WordPerfect files into MS Word 2003/2007 files? Thanks in advance.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Ask on their forum

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I use Corel WordPerfect 8 on XP Computers without any problems

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Check the CD in Windows Explorer, it may be you are trying to load 32bit Program on a 64bit XP os

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS forgot I also have WordPerfect Office 2002, and it will run on XP as it did on mine, but prefer Version 8 thats what I run now, as it as more Functionality

Like this post
K*B

Likes # 0

woodchip, thanks; but your links take me to Skype Premium, not WordPerfect Office. Pls check.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

I'd certainly of assumed that it would simply by being "2002". Unless it was made for Linux, or mac then I'd not see why it wouldn't of been, but no harm knasking lol :P

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Ugh -_- autocorrect!! I done "in asking" and autocorrect changed it xD.

Like this post
K*B

Likes # 0

woodchip, can you let me have your soft copy of WordPerfect Office 2002? Maybe the one I tried to install on my WinXP Home PC is corrupt. I hope there's no license issues since WordPerfect Office 2002 application is so old and no-one really cares about it any more. Thanks.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

May need it, it was not me that posted the link. There should not be a reason why your Office 2002 should load and run. Try this. Put the CD in the drive hold shift key down to stop Auto Setup Running, then right click on CD drive and choose copy then on desktop click paste. Restart in safe mode by tapping F8 as PC starts when in safe mode double click on the copy that you made or look for the setup file in the program

Like this post
K*B

Likes # 0

woodchip, I did what you advised and finally identified the setup.exe file (all copied and pasted on the desktop), but when I double clicked it the error message was that the file (that is the setup.exe file) could not be found. I tried again, same error! I suupect the CD is faulty or the program is corrupted. I have kept WordPerfect Office 2002 burned and kept on that CD since 2003! any way. what do you think? Any other ideas? I desparately need WordPerfect Office 2002. Please help. Thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added