We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Anybody else experience mobile pc advisor site sticking a lot on iOS Chrome?

Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

When I'm on my iPhone, I mostly just use safari for the sake of simplicity due to it being the default web browser which can't be changed (unless you break out of jail you naughty person xD), but I do use chrome a lot such as web pages I don't want to close, so that don't clutter up safari, and because of the synchronisation between chrome on the desktop and also puffin browser (linked to it so if you don't know what it is then there's the webpage), web pages that I come across on my iPhone which I want to open on my mac, I just will keep them open on chrome (due to being a chrome user on each os).

And because PC Advisor is one of those sites, I prefer having it open within chrome, but one thing I have noticed, using the mobile version of PC Advisor on chrome is like a death sentence. I'm forever having to click the home button because its keep freezing the whole app.

When I'm typing its ok, but to just scroll down a page, I've got to come out of it twice before it lets me scroll down. It's so bugging.

PC Advisor is the only site out of any I've been to that has done that, and it's like being back on a 4th gen iPod touch, which always crashed etc due to the lack of memory.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm using iPhone 5, and chrome, it's always updated to the latest version so it's not a problem with it being out of date as its not.

1]: [click here

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Transferred without a comment.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Transferred without a comment."

I'm not with you - why should I comment? Jwbjnwolf is an old forum friend, he's asked a question (Has anyone else had this issue?) and he's waiting to see if anyone has. I'm doing the same.

Don't interfere, just for the sake of taking a swipe.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Just installed Chrome on my iPhone 5 and this site doen't lock up but is very slow even using wifi.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Site is very much faster on Safari.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Well I have certainly mentioned the poor performance on my tablet but perhaps because I am perceived as a always complaining about the PCA I am ignored. But others have also commented on the many problems that beset PCA albeit on the desktop or anywhere else for that matter.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Woolwell, yea it certainly is a lot faster on safari. I dunno what the problem is with chrome for me then, but I ain't that bothered, it's just annoying lol, and yea I weren't sure where exactly to put it lol, first on my mind was the mobile help forum, then I thought web design, but then I just decided ill put it in the speakers corner as it isn't an urgent question, just an annoyance but I lol at least got you to organise everything into the right places lol. No wonder though I was searching and searching for this thread and couldn't find it xD.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"No wonder though I was searching and searching for this thread and couldn't find it xD."

When I transfer a thread from one forum area to another I deliberately post in it to say what I've done. This will generate an email to the originator which will alert him/her to the fact. The problem is, if you've clicked the link to unsubscribe to notifications you won't get the message - unless my post is the first one.

We're aware that it can lead to people wondering what's happened, and it doesn't only apply to the originator, it confuses others who may have contributed, so we're currently working on something that will solve the problem. As soon as we've got it sorted I'll post about it in the forums.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Well the main reason why I didn't realise was because the email I set this up with, it's not on my iPhone as otherwise I have well too many emails come in, and also because I'm always on the mobile site so to get to my profile I've got to go to the desktop site so it would be handy to see a mobile version of our profiles some point.

In my opinion, I'd welcome a feature to customise our profiles such as what apple does on their support forum, you put in your profile what apple devices you have, so here put in your profile what computer you have. Because then if someone forgets to mention what their pc is, then as long as they put it on their profile, you can see what computer(a) they got so you can actually help a bit quicker.

But then obviously, you want concentrate on the important things first before you start adding features lol :P

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad