We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Website design for a online renting and letting organisation

psk35
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi there I hope some of you can help me, what it is im interested in starting my own online business. The business will be a online property lettings and rental website similar to sites such as easy room mate and spare room however the problem im having is im not sure whether to use a website designer, a CMS system or even WIX or weebly.

What I am looking for is a website which will allow consumers to upload and post pictures, create profiles, get in touch with other members therefore just wanted some advice on whats the best way to go around it, thanks.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

If you plan to allow people to upload stuff to your site you need to understand that you'll be involved in some full-on monitoring, otherwise you are likely to run into trouble.

If you want your site to allow inter-customer contact you might consider using one of the readily available forum packages - like phpBBfor instance.That would easily handle the contact and profile aspects of your project.

Like this post  
psk35

Likes # 0

Thankyou for your response, in terms of building a platform where consumers can interact with other customers and upload content would a online web building site or CMS allow it to happen or would I need to get a personal web developer to design the web page so consumers can do this?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You don't need CMS in order to allow people to communicate on your site - the forum software I mentioned will handle that, once it's installed on your host server.

Uploading content might be more involved - what exactly do you mean by 'content'?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'