We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems with a Seal USB Turntable Model DB057005

cherylmorgan@blueyonder.co.uk

Likes # 0

When I am trying to play a record to record it onto my computer after about 30 seconds the stylus makes a rubbing noise then lifts off the record. I have altered the transportation screw as advised but cannot understand why it is happening

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

hi

I think you have been given the wrong advice,a transport screw is used to protect the record player when in transit like if your moving house etc,it should be screwed down fully,unscrewing the transport screw allows the unit to be used correctly,so firstly i would undo fully the transportation screw.

Then if you have a rubber platter on the turntable,lift this off,this may gain you access to the balance screw under the platter

If you dont have a liftable platter you may see a hole in the platter or to the side of it in which you can put a screwdriver in to turn the adjustment screw for the arm lifting action,just turn it quarter turn to begin with and check if its making any difference to the lifting of the arm

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

There is sometimes a Law of Unexpected Consequences.

I don't know how long you have been playing LPs but what you describe sounds like a build-up of dust on the needle!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...