We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iMac wireless mouse frozen after sleeping

Sapins

Likes # 0

I put the computer to sleep when I thought I had fully reloaded some tabs, now on wake-up the mouse has frozen and nothing I can do will activate it. The mouse pointer freezes. I have replaced the batteries, I have switched off and on, forced a restart but no success.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Sapins - I have just put the same header title in a Google search box, and a number of links have been shown, as a possible answer, including mac user forums. So perhaps a look there might resolve the problem, while waiting for a response on this forum?.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Thank you very much spuds.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

I am totally frustrated, nothing I do will restart the computer or restore the use of the mouse, I have searched the apple communities sites, nothing works from there either. I have tried a USB mouse, used all the combinations on the keyboard. zilch. I am beginning to wish I had bought a Windows desktop!!!

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

sapins

I see you have the problem in the Apple Forum. Try this link from there. It may help especially the Link contained within from the Apple help.

Apple Help

Cheers TonyV

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Hello Tonyv, No good I'm afraid, I will telephone Apple support tomorrow.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Sapins

Sorry it was of no use! I have to say the Magic Mouse is not a very reliable piece of equipment. They are always disconnecting and not waking from sleep. I have both the Trackpad and the MM so that if one doesn't wake up, I can usually have the other waking!! Belt and braces I think it is called.

Hope all goes well with your call to Apple tomorrow, you should have 90 days free help from the date you purchased your iMAC.

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

How to Restart a Frozen Mac click here

Try it before you phone Apple helpline.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Tonyv, I think it may be the mouse.

What I didn't say was when starting it downloads e-mails from the Mail App and it is keeping them up to date! Can't open them though. I'm not too hopeful of help from Apple, it is nearly 2 months out of guarantee, they want £19 a time for phone help, which I am not going to pay. I'll let you know how I get on.

retep888™, it did not work but thanks for your help.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Price of support now £35 per call. I have in fact made an appointment at the Apple shop in Bordeaux on this Wednesday, I believe they will diagnose the problem then I can discuss mortgage arrangements!!!

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Sapins

I happen to have been in the Apple Store at Cribbs Causeway, (Bristol), this morning and asked in there if they sold a mouse with a wired connection because of the unreliability I have with the MM. They naturally say that they don't have problems with them and they are very reliable. In speaking to them, they do sell a wired mouse, but said this technology is about 4 years old!! To which I said, if it works, I don't really care how old the technology is, because the new technology one doesn't work properly!! They also said that the next time I am there if I take my MM to them they will change it for a new one even though it is now well out of guarantee. At least that was encouraging. They were using the "Not Fit For Purpose" argument to make the change for me!

Hope you get on OK with the Genius desk in the Apple Store in Bordeaux. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Have fun

TonyV

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

4G to get faster and cheaper with Freeview spectrum: We're in for a wait though

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014: A reflection

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?