We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

wireless adapter working for several hours then error?

yosua11

Likes # 0

I am using windows vista and my wireless adapter is Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN and is up to date. There was no problem with the connection until one day the network icon on the below right corner shows an X. I check the modem and it is working fine. I check the other laptops/gadgets using that wifi and it is working fine too. When i tried to "connect to a network", there are no option.

After i restart my laptop, the wifi connects again but only for about 3-5 hours then it disappear. I must always restart my computer to connect to the wifi.

What i had done: - reinstall the wireless adapter from the windows vista cd - update the wireless adapter - scan the whole computer with antivirus and nothing fix my problem.

i am sure that there is no problem with the modem because my phone can catch the wifi even from a far distance, but my laptop can not even when i place it beside the modem.

Can anyone help me and tell where the problem lies? and how to fix it?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow