We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Upgrading DVD Recorder software

ponytail

Likes # 0

I am having some problems with my DVD Player . Recorder and was going to update the software untill I read this on the Philips site

Upgrade Procedure Step 1 Check your current version First check your current firmware version to see if you need to upgrade: 1. Keep no disc in DVD tray. 2. Press <0>, <0>, <0>, <9>, on the Remote Control. 3. The software version will be displayed on the TV screen as "DVDR3380EUVxx_xx, Drive: 45.04.xx.xx",or “DVDR3380EUVxx_xx, Drive: 51.05.xx.xx". 4. Compare the version shown on screen with this firmware upgrade version, “DVDR3380EUV03_26, Drive: 45.04.05.10” or “DVDR3380EUV03_26, Drive: 51.05.02.11”. 5. If the existing software version number is lower than the above, please proceed to step 2 6. Otherwise, no upgrade is necessary. Step 2 Download Firmware upgrade Click the link to download the new firmware package on your computer. The package is compressed into a single ZIP archive: DVDR3380EUV03_26.zip. Step 3 Burning Upgrade on CD-R / CD-RW Note: You will need two blank CD-R or CD-RW discs for this step. 1. Extract the firmware upgrade files from the ZIP archive: Tip: For more information on burning software we refer to two popular burning software programs www.nero.com www.easycdcreator.com DVDR3380EUV03_26.CUB PHILIPS_45040510.BIN PHILIPS_51050211.BIN (Do not rename the filenames) 2. Burn the extracted “.CUB” file (not the zip file) onto a blank CD-R or CD-RW (Disc 1) and the extracted “.BIN” files (not the zip file) onto another blank CD-R or CD-RW disc (Disc 2), using the following settings: - File System: ISO 9660 + Joliet - File name length : max11 chars = 8+3 (Level 1) - Mode : 2/XA - Character set : ISO 9660 (ISO normal CD-ROM) - No multi session - Write Speed : Low Disc 1 content: DVDR3380EUV03_26.CUB Disc 2 content: PHILIPS_45040510.BIN PHILIPS_51050211.BIN 3. Finalize the discs. (The application may do this automatically.) Philips V&MA Step 4 Apply Upgrade to your Recorder Note: Do not press any buttons or interrupt the mains supply during the upgrading process, otherwise the recorder may become defective. 1. Power up the recorder and open the DVD tray. 2. Insert the prepared upgrade Disc 1. 3. Close the tray and the recorder will auto read the disc. 4. Upon recognition the disc, the local display of recorder will show "SW UPGD". The TV screen will show a dialog box titled “Disc Upgrade” 5. Note: The recorder will indicate “Unknown Disc” in the following 2 situations. - When the software upgrade is not meant for your recorder (Check the applicable models above) - Problem with writing of CD-ROM. Try again with a different CD-ROM if possible. 6. Navigate to OK button on TV and press on the remote control. You can cancel the upgrade at this point by navigating to CANCEL button on TV and pressing on the remote control. 7. If you proceed with the upgrade, the local display of recorder will scroll the message “ SW UPGRADING”, while a progress bar will be shown on the TV screen. 8. The whole process takes about 1 minute after which the local display of recorder shows “SW DONE” and the dialog box on TV screen indicates successful upgrading. The tray will open as well. 9. Remove the disc1 before pressing on the remote control. The recorder should close the tray and restart automatically after about 10 seconds. 10. Note: Sometimes, the recorder does not close the tray. Do not be alarmed. Simply press on the remote control to wake up the recorder and the tray will close immediately. 11. Power up the recorder and open the DVD tray again. 12. Insert the prepared Disc2. 13. Close the tray and the recorder will auto read the disc. 14. Upon recognition the disc, the local display of recorder will show "DRV UPG". The TV screen will show a dialog box titled “Loader Software Upgrade” 15. Note: The recorder will indicate “Unknown Disc” in the following 2 situations. - When the software upgrade is not meant for your recorder (Check the applicable models above) - Problem with writing of CD-ROM. Try again with a different CD-ROM if possible. 16. Navigate to OK button on TV and press on the remote control. You can cancel the upgrade at this point by navigating to CANCEL button on TV and pressing on the remote control. 17. If you proceed with the upgrade, the local display of recorder will scroll the message “ DRIVE UPGRADING”, while a progress bar will be shown on the TV screen. 18. The whole process takes about 1 minute after which the local display of recorder shows “DRV DONE” and the dialog box on TV screen indicates successful upgrading. The tray will open as well. 19. Remove the disc2 before pressing on the remote control. The recorder should close the tray and restart automatically after about 10 seconds. 20. Note: Sometimes, the recorder does not close the tray. Do not be alarmed. Simply press on the remote control to wake up the recorder and the tray will close immediately. 21. It is better to power off and on the recorder again after software upgrade before using the recorder. Your product is successfully upgraded! Firmware upgrade history Firmware Version V03_26 Release Date Dec 4 2006 This upgrade software improves the following performance: • Solve “No digital audio output from Coax when playback “All in One Disc”, select 16KB, 32KB, 64KB.” • Drive 51.05.02.11 solves “Recognition and recording problem with (Philips) DVD+RW disc To me this seems very complicated and not sure if this is the correct forum for this query but perhaps someone could simplify the procedure for me. Thanks

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

No shortcuts - just follow the method. If it works as is don't do the upgrade.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi wiz-king have just found out whatb the problem is neither of my DVD recorders are digital and so cannot pick up any digital channels and of course all television channels are now digital so looks like wil have to replace them with gigital versions

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

will it accept a signal from scart input?

connect a digibox set box to swap to correct channel at time set DVD recorder to record from scsrt at sametime

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

You cant have done any recording for a long while!!!!!

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

No it has been a long time I had Humax digital TV recorder model number PVR-9300T which I used for any recordings and have not recorded any CDs in ages.The Humax unit is now faulty and is being returned under warranty for repair or replacement so decided to use either of my DVD recorders but neither are digital so no means of recording untill I get my Humax unit back may look on Ebay or Amazon for cheap digital DVD recorder but will look at your suggestions, Thanks again

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...