We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Editing Video from Sony DCR-SR35E (Hybrid HDD)

bernvs
Resolved

Likes # 0

Our family video Camera (Sony DCR-SR35E) came with ImageMixer Version 1.5 for Sony. Time has moved on and this version says for use up to Windows XP. We are now running Windows 7 on desktop and Vista on Laptop. The ImageMixer web site (www.imagemixer.com) says it will be stopping customer support in September 2013 and makes no reference to upgrades. Will version 1.5 be OK or can you recommend an alternative either free or reasonably priced.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

There is a lot to choose from see here or if you want to pay try these. I use Adobe Premiere Elements and find it very good and easy to use.

You will probably get differing opinions as, in the end, it comes down to personal choice. I don't like Magix but I know some people swear by it.

Unless you're doing a lot of video editing, I'd try some of the free ones. If they don't work for you see if you can get a free trial of some of the paid for ones.

Like this post
bernvs

Likes # 0

To Marvin 42. Sorry this response is late but I have just returned from a 2 week holiday. Thank you for the 2 lists. I hadn't thought about Windows Live Movie Maker which is on my Windows 7 Computer. I have always used the Image Maker before and did not consider what was in the program files. Will give it a whirl in the next few days and let you know how I get on. Meanwhile I will leave this open for any other response for another week.

Like this post
bernvs

Likes # 0

All sorted now. Thank you

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia