We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Your Classic version of BT Yahoo! Mail is closing. You need to upgrade now

Diemmess
Resolved

Likes # 0

So goes the message in my inbox repeated 5 minutes later

It looks Kosher, colours, text, logos and source, except that by these messages I should have been unable to use the BT Yahoo for a month! I have made no changes nor have I had any difficulties with email. With email particularly I do not make changes unless I really must.

Is this just a polished bit of phishing?

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

It's almost certainly a genuine e-mail but you can check here to be sure.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

BT's customer page about changing to new bt email click here

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Spurred on by your favourable comments I clicked where told and immediately had File Blocked Phishing ahead A clear label to go back all prettied up with a Google Chrome logo.

Perhaps I am safe because I use Google Chrome as browser, btinternet is my provider.

Repeat that what bothered me was the date of Mid -June when if not updated I would have no email service.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Diemmess, I can hardly believe you clicked on a link in an email you were suspicious about... If you had checked out BT links - Secret-Squirrel's and mine - you would have been able to check the email (and the links in it) properly.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"Spurred on by your favourable comments I clicked where told"

Before you clicked, did you first check the address of the link as mentioned in that BT page I provided earlier?

"what bothered me was the date of Mid -June when if not updated I would have no email service."

How do you manage your e-mails? Is it with an e-mail client (such as Outlook Express, Outlook, Windows Live Mail) or do you instead use a web browser (such as Chrome)?

Like this post  
Diemmess

Likes # 0

OK I accept that opening the original was not a wise act.

Any other suspicious mail is deleted unopened or occasionally to the spam folder till I'm certain it is not genuine

What I failed to do was look at the sender's address first. The tell tale was the sender name - [email protected]

I was impressed by the really genuine-looking BT pretty logo and background.

I use a browser, Chrome and that blocked it.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

It's noy spam.

I was changed to the new system without clicking on anything.

I posted about it

click here new system is dreadful.

The

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia