We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Am I being DDoS'd?

somner90

Likes # 0

Recently i've been having some real bad lag spikes while playing games on League of Legends, sometimes so bad that my connection to my router completely dies!

I have a friend who owns a 'box server' as he calls it and he's told me in the past he has been warned by some organisation (or something) for DDoS'ing people in the past so this is another reason why I think i'm being DDoS'd, we recently fell out.

I've done some research and done ping to reddit.com and netstats during a laggy game of league. Note that the netstat wasnt done at a laggy time during the game and the spikes wern't constant, however they were enough to make my gaming time unsatisfying.

Personally I cant tell from the information below if i'm being DDoS'd so this is why i've come for help.

Sorry for the long page, I did try [spoiler][/spoiler]

(the ping in the cmd prompt i have pasted to pastebin is to reddit.com)

click here

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I suspect it may be more likely that the problem is WiFi interference. Try this: Inssider. It will show you what channels are being used by other people near you and help you to find the best channel to use. It's a free download.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback