We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Screen burn problem on laptop

the old man

Likes # 0

Whenever I highlight text and then right click on it, the cut, copy etc dialogue box is very feint on the screen. When I move the cursor over it, the box appears normal. When I click on, say, copy, it copies the text but the copy line of the dialogue box stays on the screen. It is as if the command has been burnt onto the screen. The only way to get rid of it is to restart the computer. Does anyone have any ideas. Using windows7 on an acer aspire 5742 which uses Intel(r) HD graphics.

Like this post
the old man

Likes # 0

bump

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It's bug in some W7s installs. Solutions to try on click here the screen resolution or color depth resets the desktop window manager, so it's always been a (the?) workaround for the bug when it appears.

Changing

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

and the bug on pca forum is the 'jumping word' so I'll repost :)

It's a bug in some W7s installs. Changing the screen resolution or color depth resets the desktop window manager, so it's always been a (the?) workaround for the bug when it appears. Or change the theme.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback