We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to burn a Firmware file to CD-R for my Sony DVD-R TV recorder

Audio~~Chip
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello

I need to update the firmare for my TV's standalone DVD Recorder RDR-HXD995 to fix a known issue which has just become worse. "The recorder perminantly sticks on Update and will not populate the TV Channels"

I use Ashampoo Studio 6.

The instructions and download for this file are from here: click here have gone out and bought a different brand or CD-R & also tried DVD which do not work. The instructions say DVD Disk do not work.

When I try to select the file to burn in Ashampoo it does not show in the box for selection to add it but does if you select all files.

Can anyone sugest where i am going wrong please.

Cheers

I

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

Found others doing same (in past 2 years) read through and see which parts are helpful click here take note of very last post that says how to put CD in the sony - there are buttons to press. And this is the other link click here as Data CD at the slowest speed your burner will do. Finalize disk.

Burn

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

Burn as Data CD at the slowest speed your burner will do. Finalize disk.

For some strange reason pca chopped off the rest of sentence after 'Burn'

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Thanks Lotvic

Do you know how to slow down the burn speed using Ashampoo Studio v6 ? Will read the other posts you send one I have regarding the powerbutton and 2mins disconnect power. But the otherone is a new one for me so will read this.

Will post back if I manage to get a sucessfull burn.

Cheers Steven

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

AFAIK (open the Help file) mine (v9) says: Current Write Options Depends on inserted disc. If you adjust your personal settings, the options will be displayed in this screen too. Click on the Change Options button if you want to adjust your personal settings for the burning process.

v6 is probably the same procedure.

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

So, I hav3 managed to burn the file to a CD-R and followed the instructions from sony to update the firmware; but ! when it gets to the "Download 5" part of the update it freezes and nothing happens. The DVD Recorder then become non responsive and no control over it is possible. I have repeated the steps after powering off by removing the power socket from the rear with giving it a few hours to try to complete and same over and over again its just not possible to complete the update.

I don't know if there is something not correct with the burned file on the CD-R or its the Sony RDRHXD995 Recorder being a pain.

Should I open another post ?

Cheers Steven

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

There is a Sony problem machines seem to be going down all over the country click here

Newuser939 has brought it to attention today at 11:03AM in thread click here

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

BBC News reports: Sony says it is experiencing "a major technical issue" after many owners of its DVD recorders lost access to their Freeview TV channels. click here

Like this post  
Pine Man

Likes # 1

All now fixed and nothing to do with updating the firmware.

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Hello Lotvic & Pine Man

Sorry to not returning earlier but I had problems logging into the website from my Email notification, i was getting a server error but that fixed over night.

So all seems to be working normal and I am back to recording my monday evening double Corrie ! sad ain't I.

Even though the problem was down to Freeview & Sony being the cause I did try to update the firmware to 124 from 115 and it only updated to 118 for my recorder. I do at times have the odd tv channels un-populated which the 124 firmware is suppose to fix.

I will open a new post re problem updating my firmware to 124 release so if you can help please call in.

Thank you to Lotvic & Pine Man for sticking this out with me and the notification to save me from buying a new machine !

Cheers Steven

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days