We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

One of my screens is flickering

ollieparsons

Likes # 0

I just installed a monitor splitter cable into my PC'c monitor output socket, I have my monitor & my TV plugged into the splitter. 2 problems - my monitor flickers (rapid white pulsations running up & down the image) & also I have to plug the TV into the splitter followed by the monitor so the desktop fits the the TV screen properly. Could somebody please recommend a way of not having to plug things in separately & also how to stop the flickering, thanks.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

A splitter is not really the way to go. Do you only have one connection on your graphics card?

Try fitting the splitter to the graphics (GPU) card but you really should have two separate connections, one to the monitor and a second one to the TV.

What is your GPU?

Like this post
ollieparsons

Likes # 0

it says it's an Intel HD with 1760MB of RAM, if that helps

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

A splitter from one output on the GPU card will only work if you are using two monitors with the same resolutions. It sound like the TV and Monitor are using two different resolutions causing a conflict.

If your computer has a HDMI out put and your TV has an HDMI in put connect your TV to your computer via HDMI cable.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

What make/model is your PC as it looks like you have an on-board graphics rather than a separate or dedicated graphics card. So we need to find out what connections you have before we can help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...