We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

power saving mode

radhakrzx

Likes # 0

Hi All,

my PC configuration is 320GB HDD, 4GB DDR2 RAM,INTEL DG31PR mother board, CORE 2 DUO processor, LG monitor and I dont have grapics card and again if start the PC means my monitor says power saving mode,

I HAVE DONE THESE THINGS

I having removed the CPU door and cleaned inside and unpluged each wire and connected correctly and i have checked the VGA cable also by connecting to other PC it was working and i have checked with other VGA cable also no use,

SO SOMEONE COULD HELP HOW TO OVERCOME THIS PROBLEM

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Sorry but are you saying your monitor is not working?

Have you tried the monitor on another PC?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

are you saying that your monitor is showing 'power saving mode' or 'standby'?.

If it is, then that usually means the devices still have power to them, but are in hibernation or waiting for further working action. Some people want this, because it saves time, others might considerer this is a waste of energy and a possible safety risk?.

Like this post
radhakrzx

Likes # 0

Hi, Ya I tried my monitor with anthoer CPU it worked there not only this I have removed the CMOS battery and checked and removed one off the RAM slot and checked but also no use of it.

yes I'm saying my monitor shows Power saving mode

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

It looks as though you might have a problem with the video output from your PC which as you do not have a separate graphics card could mean a motherboard problem.

Can you either plug another monitor into this system or connect your TV and see if you are getting any output?

Like this post
radhakrzx

Likes # 0

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

ya I have checked through connecting my cpu to another monitor with another VGA cable its showing again power saving mode and, I have checked with my SMPS also by connecting to another PC it worked there(means SMPS worked),but CPU is running how can we say that motherboard is having some problem so could you suggest any other way for this problem

Thanks for the reply Chronos

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Sorry am having trouble understanding your last post.

Did you try another monitor with this PC?

Did it work or not?

What is SMPS?

Like this post
radhakrzx

Likes # 0

Hi

Could you please suggest some one off the best of the best Grapic card for the same configuration and my buget around 5000-6000INR which could be off 2GB-memory size DDR5-memory type Version

Thanks for the replies

Like this post
radhakrzx

Likes # 0

Hi Chronos,

ya I tried with another monitor with mu CPU it doesn't worked it shows the same error message and SMPS is Switched Mode Power Supply

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

6000INR is around £65. And you will struggle to get DDR5 for that amount.But I will have a look.

Nvidia DDR 3.

AMD DDR 5

Like this post
radhakrzx

Likes # 0

Hi Chronos,

Thanks for the reply

Ok if there are any Graphic card suggest me and, In Nivida DDR3 can give me the complete details of it.

Thanks Radhakrzx

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia