We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Serif Webplus 6 view from mobile device

johnincrete

Likes # 0

I am thinking of upgrading from version 5 to 6 because the sales blurb on the Serif website says that a normal full-sized site can be viewed from a mobile device. This would be a distinct advantage.

1. Has anyone used Webplus 6 for mobile access?

2. Is there another way?

Like this post
RobReed

Likes # 0

John you can make narrow mobile-freindly web pages and regular size ones in the same site with WebPlus X6. It has screen size detection and redirection for visitors to show them the right pages. I also read that the text blocks work with smartphone tap-to-zoom even on 'normal' pages.

Dunno about full size pages being especially different for mobile devices in the new version, maybe that's talkign about not needing Flash? The sliding banners, navbars, photo galleries etc will all work without Flash. Rob.

Like this post
elsalvador

Likes # 0

I don't have experience with it, but I'd recommend making the change. Mobile is the way forward!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger