We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Corsair 900d

Jon12347

Likes # 0

I've bought A 900D Corsair case. I'm building my 1st PC so I was going to cool my PC with fans and use the h100i to cool the CPU.

I thought it was going to be easy. I would have 3x 120mm fans intake on the front of case, maybe 2x 140mm fans on the bottom of the case pushing air up to keep GPU's cool. Finally just have exhaust fans at the top of the case and one at the back of the case.

The main issue I have now is this case doesn't allow you to install fans on the floor pushing air up. You can install them on the side by the floor but not the floor. Also there is no airflow holes of the bottom of this case, only on the sides at the bottom. My question is if I install intake fans on the side of the case at the bottom, is this really going to keep my GPU's cool enough? What fan set up would you recommend for this case?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Is this your case. 900D This is way over the top for air cooled components. This size/style of case is really for serious water cooling.

You certainly do not need fans on the underside of the case as you have more than enough air being blown in from the bottom side.

As for fans, Corsair cases come with decent fans but with the amount of fans you seem to have you might want to think about a decent fan controller as this is going to be one noisy build with this amount of fans.

Dependant on your make and model of GPU it is probable that you will not need any further cooling.

It would be useful to know what you have chosen for the rest of your components.

Like this post
Jon12347

Likes # 0

I've mucked up and got the wrong case clearly but I can't take it back now.

Titan x 2 in sli for GPU

So 3 x 120mm intake on front panel. 140 mm. Exhaust on back by CPU. 120 mm exhaust on top by 5.25 inch bays.

Now here's the next problem. I'm using H100i to cool my CPU. This has 2 fans. Linus (on youtube) says you should always have them as intake fans as it's impossible to clean the dust from the radiator without having to uninstall it completely. Also the instructions say intake fans cool the cpu best.

But now my set up will have 6 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans. There are 4 more fans I can use in this case at the bottom of the side panels. 2 x 140mm and 2 x 120mm. How would you configure these? I've too many intake fans at the moment and not enough exhaust.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

And how many monitors are you going to be running as 2 x Titan is a so far over the top for any game and unless you are running triple 27" monitors then 2 Titans is pointless.

As for your fans they should be exhausting the air from the case over the radiator and out of the case. If you are concerned about dust you can install these. Guards. But there should not be a lot of dust as the front and side fans will have removable dust guards.

As you are not water cooling I would not worry so much about the side fans and just use the front 3 intake which will give excellent through put of air, 3 intake and 3 extract which is more than enough.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Also make sure you leave space behind your case , as the Titan exhausts hot air this way . And as Chronos says , TWO Titans ??? Do you have a whole wall of screens ?? Please post more details , have just got to see this build

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...