We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with Abode FlashPlayer and YouTube?.

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have been viewing YouTube over the past couple of days, and it would appear that I have an intermittent fault.

Able to view some clips on YouTube, and some video clips tell me that I must update Abode FlashPlayer to the latest version to see the video clip.

Downloaded the latest version of Abode FlashPlayer, and the download registers as installed successfully.

Yet the same problem keeps recurring. Some videos I can view, others tell me that Abode is not functioning.

Any suggestions. Could it be the video clip as been deleted from YouTube?.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Since requesting help or advice, I have noticed that there seems to be a tracking or downloading bar at the top of the YouTube page. When 'tracking', it either continues with the completion of the bar, in which case the video requested plays. I this 'tracking' procedure is stopped part way, usually at the middle section, then the 'install latest version of FlashPlayer' appears.

Does this make any sense?.

Using XP and Firefox. I haven't yet tried it with other browsers, to see if there is a solution there?.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Having looked deeper into this, it could well be an Active X Filtering issue?.

But I still haven't been able to resolve the problem.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Having played around with this for some time. The fault looks like a browser problem.

Using Firefox the problem is evident on occasions. Even though I keep re-installing Abode Flashplayer as instructed. And then being informed the installation was successful.

Using Internet Explorer 8 and no problems appear, and everything runs fine. The same results using Google Chrome, no problems, everything is fine.

Tick resolved.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just wondering if it's worth resetting firefox to default to see if that works? click here will have to install flash again I think.

You

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

That you is in the wrong place spuds, I'm not trying to be rude :)

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

rdave13

Reference to 'You', I have tried to bring this to the attention of the forum without success. Its just another one of those gremlins that's not being addressed.

Its all to do with the 'click here', when this website changes your link details to a 'click here'. The first word after the 'click here' then transfers to the bottom of the page, so perhaps making gibberish of a paragraph or line?.

I'll have a look at your link shortly, and see if that develops to a better resolution over the original problem.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

rdave13

Thanks for the link, there some pretty good information there.

I will leave things as they are at the moment, then experiment a little more with this problem, before doing a reset. Thanks again for the link and help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite