We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help error code 453

DMB8080
Resolved

Likes # 0

virginmedia have recently altered/ limited number of emails that can be sent via email client like outlook to 25o per day without consulting existing customers. many of us who run clubs or societies for charity etc can now only send over 250 recipients by emailing out the rest the next day. it used to be 100 recipients per each email IN OUTLOOK and 500 on VIRGINMEDIA MAIL. you get "server error 453 too many recipients" if you go over limit. VM seem to have completely blanked us on their forum with no explanation of why they imposed this on us with no warning. any one else getting this problem, and is there any advice on other isps who do not have such limits so we can jump ship. I for one use multi emails as a fundamental part of what I do, so this is a real pain....lots of other frustrated VM forum members too...your views would be appriciated

Like this post
Jollyjohn

Likes # 0

250 is a lot of recipients! Do they all really want your e-mail. I was a secretary for a sport national governing body and I never had 250 genuine recipients!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Virgin have almost certainly imposed anti-spam measures. Have you considered setting up a domain name for your purpose? There are bulk email providers (try a Goodle search). However I haven't used any personally.

Like this post
DMB8080

Likes # 0

I have a mailing list of 300+ and it is growing...just cannot get my head round the fact ,that they can impose this restriction without first consulting their contracted customers.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You need to use a bulk email system.

Like this post
DMB8080

Likes # 0

OK IF I NEED A BULK EMAIL ..IT WOULD BE NICE IF VIRGINMEDIA GAVE ME THAT ALTERNATIVE RATHER THAN SHUTTING DOWN WHAT HAD WORKED FOR YEARS WITHOUT NOTICE

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

DMB8080, please don't shout at us (use of all capital letters on web is considered shouting and bad manners)

Yes it would be nice if Virginmedia did as you have said, but they (and a few other providers) haven't and don't. Ah, the frustrations of the world wide web... :(

Like this post  
DMB8080

Likes # 0

SORRY CAPITALS AS JUST RECOVERING FROM EYE OP..SO VISION NOT QUITE RIGHT YET

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites