We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I extend digital tv?

Big Stu 22

Likes # 0

Hello everyone

Bear with me, this is my first post on this forum. I suspect similar, if not identical questions have been asked before, but here goes anyway...

I want to send my Virgin TiVo digital tv signal from my main television to a second one. I have read that various technologies could possibly do this, ranging from wireless senders and receivers to Homeplug/Powerline. I'm slightly restricted in that where I want to locate the second tv is on a separate electrical ring main to that into which the main tv and TiVo box plugs. This is due to the nature of a recent extension but I may be able to overcome that.

That said, my questions are: would Homeplug/Powerline work (if I can overcome the two separate ring mains issues), does it carry a digital tv signal? Can I control the tv channels back on the TiVo box through a Homeplug/Powerline set-up? Which is best, Homeplug or Powerline? If I go down the wireless sender route, can anyone recommend some good products, there seem tone so any at a range of prices! Can I also control tv channels back on the TiVo box thought the wireless receiver?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards Stuart

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014